The Following Range Rules Apply To Both RTSP Locations
1. No one is allowed on the range under the influence of alcohol or any other controlled substance.
2. All shooters who are renting must be in groups of 2 or more. No single shooters will be allowed to rent firearms.
(Exceptions: Active and Retired LEO and holders of a valid state issued firearms ID card. ID must be present at the time of rental)
3. Customers must be at least 21 years old to rent a handgun or must be accompanied by someone in their port who is 21 years old. Individuals who are 18-21 years old can only rent rifles unless accompanied by someone who is 21+ years old.
4. No loaded firearms are to enter or exit the building. All magazines and speed loaders must be unloaded. Loaded firearms must be at the firing line only. No firearms are permitted in the store area without being in a secured container.
(Exceptions: Active and Retired LEO’s, are permitted to carry their holstered loaded firearms in the store, but must only take them out while in the shooting port)
5. Firearms may be inspected at the check-in counter at the request of RTSP’s staff. Any firearm or ammunition found to be unsafe or unserviceable will not be allowed onto the range.
6. All handguns, rifles and shotguns are subject to approval.
7. Three shooters are allowed per port, with only two shooters allowed in the port at the same time.
8. Eye and ear protection must be worn at ALL TIMES on the range.
9. Unauthorized targets are not permitted on the range. Minimum size for targets is 24” x 21”. Shooting at anything other than your own target is strictly prohibited.
10. No head shots for inexperienced shooters. Shots must be a minimum of 15” below the target hangers.
11. Wearing or drawing from a holster is only permitted for law enforcement and RTSP approved shooters who have passed an efficiency test with an RTSP representative/RSO. Click here to take our Drawing From The Holster class.
12. The muzzle of all firearms must be kept pointed downrange at all times. If exiting the range temporarily, leave all firearms on the firing line unloaded with the action open and the muzzle pointing downrange. The following gun handling rules must be obeyed at all times:
- A. Always keep your gun pointed down range
- B. Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire
- C. Always keep action open and firearm unloaded until ready to shoot
- D. Identify your target and what is behind the target
- E. Be sure the gun is safe to operate
- F. Know how to use the gun safely
- G. Use only correct ammunition for your specific gun
- H. Unload, open the action, remove the magazine and bench all firearms during a cease-fire
13. All firearms must arrive and leave the range in a case. No uncased firearms may leave the shooting port.
14. If a misfire or other malfunction occurs, keep the firearm pointed downrange and signal the range staff. Place the firearm on the bench pointed downrange, and obtain assistance. DO NOT leave the firing line with a loaded or jammed firearm.
15. Permitted calibers are:
- A. All Handgun ammunition is permitted.
- B. Rifles: .223 through .308 caliber (Rifles up to .338 Lapua are permitted on the 50 yard range in our Union location).
- C. NO PISTOLS THAT ARE CHAMBERED FOR RIFLE CARTRIDGES.
- D. ABSOLUTELY NO STEEL CORE AMMUNITION IS ALLOWED.
- E. ABSOLUTELY NO TRACER AMMUNITION IS ALLOWED.
- F. Shotguns: SLUG or BUCKSHOT ONLY.
- G. Shotguns are to be fired from the shoulder only.
- H. NO STEEL SHOT IS ALLOWED.
16. RTSP and its staff shall not be held liable for any damages incurred to any personal firearm from use of store-purchased ammunition. Customer will resolve any issues with the manufacturer of the product.
17. No fast or rapid firing allowed. Allow at least 3 seconds between shots. Any hazardous behavior WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISMISSAL FROM THE PREMISES.
18. All shooters must comply with all instructions from the range staff.
19. Report any unsafe conduct to the range staff immediately.
20. Any brass being removed from the range must be marked. Please notify the range clerk during check-in to receive a brass card.
21. Any violation of range safety rules will result in IMMEDIATE REPRIMAND and possible DISMISSAL from the range.
22. Only ammunition purchased at RTSP will be allowed for rental firearms.
23. THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS OF ANY KIND FOR PARTIES EXPELLED FROM THE RANGE FOR SAFETY VIOLATIONS.
24. Most importantly, have fun & enjoy your time at the Range!