All Shooters must fill these forms out and watch the safety video, before visiting the range.
ALL AMMUNITION IS SUBJECT TO INSPECTION AND APPROVAL.
1. No one is allowed on the range under the influence of alcohol or any other controlled substance.
2. Shooting is always more fun with friends! All shooters who are renting must be in groups of 2 or more. No single shooters will be allowed to rent firearms.
(Exceptions: Active and Retired LEO and holders of a valid state issued firearms ID card. ID must be present at the time of rental.)
3. Any single first time shooters with a valid NJ Permit to Purchase a Handgun with a desire to “Test Drive” a rental can do so, but are permitted only 30 minutes of range time, up to two rentals, and an RSO will be present in the port the entire time.
4. Customers must be at least 21 years old to rent a handgun – or must be accompanied by someone in their port who is 21. Individuals who are 18 years of age, but under 21, can only rent rifles unless accompanied by someone who is 21.
5. No loaded firearms are to enter or exit the building. All magazines and speed loaders must be unloaded. Loaded firearms at firing line only. No firearms are permitted in the store area without being in a locked container.
6. Firearms may be inspected at the check-in counter at the request of RTSP’s staff. Any firearms or ammunition found to be unsafe or unserviceable will not be allowed onto the range.
7. All handguns, rifles and shotguns are subject to approval.
8. Two shooters are allowed per lane. No spectators allowed in the shooting bay. All persons entering the range will be charged accordingly.
9. Eye and ear protection must be worn at ALL TIMES on the range.
10. Unauthorized targets are not permitted on the range. Minimum size for targets is 24” x 21”. Shooting at anything other than your own target is strictly prohibited.
11. No head shots for inexperienced shooters. Shots must be a minimum of 15” below the target hangers.
12. Wearing or drawing from a holster is only permitted for law enforcement, military and RTSP approved civilians who have passed an efficiency test with an RTSP representative/RSO.
13. The muzzle of all firearms must be kept pointed downrange at all times. If leaving the range temporarily, leave all firearms on the firing line unloaded with the action open and the muzzle pointing downrange. The following gun handling rules must be obeyed at all times:
- A. Always keep your gun pointed down range
- B. Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire
- C. Always keep action open and firearm unloaded until ready to shoot
- D. Identify your target and what is behind the target
- E. Be sure gun is safe to operate
- F. Know how to use the gun safely
- G. Use only correct ammunition for your specific gun
- H. Unload, open the action, remove the magazine and bench all firearms during a cease-fire
14. All firearms must arrive and leave the range in a case. No uncased firearms may leave the shooting booth area.
15. If a misfire or other malfunction occurs, keep the firearm pointed downrange and signal the range staff. Place the firearm on the bench pointed downrange, and obtain assistance. DO NOT leave the firing line with a loaded or jammed firearm.
16. Allowable calibers are:
- Handguns, .22 rimfire through .50 caliber.
- Rifles that are chambered for handgun ammunition or .223 through 308 caliber.
- NO PISTOLS THAT ARE CHAMBERED FOR RIFLE CARTRIDGES.
- ABSOLUTELY NO STEEL CORE AMMUNITION IS ALLOWED.
- ABSOLUTELY NO TRACER AMMUNITION IS ALLOWED!!
- Shotguns: SLUG ONLY.
- Shotguns are to be fired from the shoulder only.
- NO STEEL SHOT IS ALLOWED.
- AUTOMATIC SHOTGUNS WITH PISTOL GRIPS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
17. RTSP and its staff shall not be held liable for any damages incurred from use of ammunition. Customer will resolve any issues with the manufacturer of the product.
18. No fast or rapid firing allowed. Allow at least 3 seconds between shots. Any hazardous behavior WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISMISSAL FROM THE PREMISES.
19. Comply with all instructions from the range staff.
20. Report any unsafe conduct to the range staff immediately.
21. Any brass being removed from the range must be marked. Please notify the cashier during check-in.
22. Any violation of range safety rules will result in IMMEDIATE REPRIMAND and possible DISMISSAL from the range.
23. Only ammunition purchased at RTSP will be allowed for rental firearms.
24. THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS OF ANY KIND FOR PARTIES EXPELLED FROM THE RANGE FOR SAFETY VIOLATIONS.